Posted on Wednesday, January 28 2009 at 11am
1) Nab others' top tips – we love this article of top tips from Artymiss
2) If your punch is sticking, try punching wax paper a few times with it, to loosen up the mechanism... punching tin foil also helps to sharpen the punching blade! If it sticks completely, some crafters swear by putting their punches in the freezer for 20 minutes, so the metal contracts slightly!
3) Don’t forget to enter our competition to win McGill flower punches from Craftime - you've got until 13th February 2009.
4) Use punched shapes to create raised backgrounds on your cards… like in this handy You Tube tutorial by 'Mad Scrapper Girl'!
5) Grow your own flower embellishments! Our sister magazine, You Can Craft!, have a feature dedicated the McGill flower punch in their upcoming March issue, full of ideas (like this!) for using it. Pick up your copy from February 20th.