Posted on Friday, June 5 2009 at 12pm
Follow our easy step-by-step guide and shape templates, below, to find out how to make a Russian-doll-shaped card!
You will need...
- Pale blue, red, lilac, beige and pale pink card
- Red, lilac, beige, blue and pale pink card
- Pretty spotty & patterned papers
- 2 Flower gems
- Scalloped scissors
1)Fold a piece of A4 pale blue or aqua card in half to make a basic card blank.
2)Trace the Russian doll shape on to the front of the card, using our free templates (you can download and print these out below). You'll notice the left-hand edge of our Russian doll shape is straight – line this up with the right-hand fold of your card as you position the doll in place, then cut away the outside of the doll (leaving the fold line in tact) to make a doll-shaped card blank.
3) Cover the card front with pale blue dotty paper all over, then add strips of several thin strips of patterned papers along the bottom. For a nice touch, trim a strip of red card with scalloped scissors to go along the bottom.
4) Cut the top of your doll from red card (again using the template as your guide) and stick this in place using sticky foam pads. Paper piece your doll's face from coloured card, drawing in the eyes and nose with a black pen. Stick the face to your card front, then add a flower shape to her hair with a flower gem on top.
5. To finish, cut out the doll's bow from red and gingham card, then snip a selection of flowers and leaves from coloured card and layer them up to decorate your card front. Finish with a flower gem in the centre!
FREE your printable Russian doll templates
Choose between a pdf or jpg version...
✿ Russian doll.jpg (392KB)
✿ Russian doll.pdf (96KB)
Special thanks to Angela Poole and our sister magazine You Can Craft! for showing us how to make this Russian Doll card!
More cards for you to make
✿How to make a 3D flower card
✿ How to make waterfall cards
✿ How to make a polymer clay cricket card